Job Posting: Development Operations Coordinator
Development Operations Coordinator
About Friends of Katahdin Woods and Waters
Friends of Katahdin Woods and Waters (Friends) was established in 2017 as a citizen conservation nonprofit working to preserve and protect the outstanding natural beauty, ecological vitality, and distinctive cultural resources of Katahdin Woods and Waters National Monument (the Monument) and surrounding communities for the inspiration and enjoyment of all generations. In partnership with the National Park Service (NPS), Friends provides a direct way for the public to participate in the continuing stewardship of Maine’s newest park by providing a measure of excellence that can augment and complement NPS management and funding.
The Development Operations Coordinator works as part of a small, dynamic team of staff and volunteers to ensure our 1,000+ members and supporters are engaged and active in our various programs to support the Friends mission. The position is responsible for managing records and data, interfacing with members, coordinating membership, cultivating supporters, and fundraising activities and initiatives. The position works with the Friends team to ensure that members are engaged and empowered to help Friends leverage a margin of excellence for the Monument and surrounding communities.
This position works under the supervision of Friends’ Executive Director.
- Strong commitment to public lands and the natural, recreational and cultural features of the Katahdin Woods and Waters National Monument.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, attention to detail, and organization.
- Familiarity with data and administrative management.
- Self-motivated with the desire to take on a variety of diverse projects.
- Team player who can work independently as well.
- Strong work ethic and willingness to work evenings and weekends when projects demand it.
Core Duties of Development Operations Coordinator
- Develop knowledge and understanding of Maine’s Katahdin Woods and Waters National Monument and surrounding communities.
- Meticulously maintain and manage information systems of members, volunteers, donors as well as their involvement with Friends.
- Monitor and track membership cultivation efforts, including individualized communications, acknowledgments, events, as well as financial and volunteer contributions.
- Plan and coordinate activities including membership meetings and gatherings, volunteer projects, mailings, phone calls, events, and other outreach.
- Research existing and potential members and financial supporters; including information about their interests, background, capabilities, and alignment with various work of Friends.
- Lead, in consultation with staff, membership recruitment and renewal efforts through targeted mailings, events, and networking.
- Interface with members and supporters through personalized phone, electronic, and in-person communication.
- Assist the Executive Director in major donor recruitment and cultivation efforts, including scheduling staff and Board Members for meetings with donors, gift acknowledgments, and site visit logistics to/within the Monument.
- Support the Executive Director and other staff in research, cultivation, tracking, and reporting of foundation grants.
- Aid in crafting and dissemination of electronic and web communications to members and the general public.
- Support the Executive Director and other staff on administrative functions as needed and assigned.
- Fulfill other tasks as assigned by the Executive Director.
Location and Travel
Friends maintains program offices in the Katahdin Region and administrative office in Portland. This position will be based in one of those two locations, however travel to other locations within Maine is an occasional requirement of this job. Applicants must maintain a reliable car and valid driver’s license.
Hours and Benefits
Health and earned-time benefits are offered to all Friends employees. This is a salaried full-time position with some work on nights and weekends required. We aim to have our Development Operations Coordinator start by January 2019.
For priority consideration, please send an application by November 16, 2018 that includes cover letter with salary requirements, resume, and the names and contact information of three references to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use “Development Operations Coordinator” as the subject. We will accept applications until the position is filled. No phone calls, please.
Friends of Katahdin Woods and Waters is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in employment against persons based on color, race, religion, age, ability, gender, familial status, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran or marital status.